prepare your hvac system now
May 26, 2020
As summer is on its way in Northwest Arkansas, the temperatures might begin to wear on you if you’re not careful, especially in the home. With as wet as it has been lately, the humidity is bound to make things awfully muggy and sticky, and staying cool indoors will be of the utmost importance.
Here are some tips for keeping the house cool during the summer months:
1. Delay heat-generating activities like dish washing until the evening hours.
2. Make sure the house is kept tight during the day, and don’t let in unwanted heat and humidity.
3. Ceiling fans are beneficial if someone wants to keep the thermostat at a higher setting, in order to allow for comfortable ventilation.
4. Seal off air conditioning ducts and insulate ducts that run through unheated basements, crawl spaces and attics.
To prepare HVAC units for summer, here are some tips to make sure they are running at peak performance:
1. Before a heat wave near Beaver Lake in Rogers hits, be sure to clear the unit of leaves and grass.
2. Someone living in east Springdale should make sure to replace their air filter every 90 days, and it’s recommended to use a high-efficiency pleated filter.
3. Fayetteville is full of rolling hills and some of the finest nature around, so people living there should be cognizant of the shrubs and plants growing around the unit and trim them to give the unit room to breathe.
If the house doesn’t seem to cool down during the heat of the day, it could just be a dirty filter or a dirty outdoor unit. We suggest cleaning or changing filters and washing your outdoor unit. If that doesn't help, give us a call at 479-756-0199.